Property owners have a lot on their plates. From hiring the right managers to vacancies to compliance with local, state, and federal laws, it seems that the merry-go-round of multifamily property ownership never stops. The good news is that property operations software can help.
More than just for property managers, property operations software is designed to make your life easier. It’s designed to help with routine tasks like collecting rent payments and handling maintenance requests. It also lets you maintain resident records and run reports, which are always helpful at month-end and during budget season. Let’s take a look at some reasons an owner like you would want to consider HappyCo as your data-driven property operations software.
1. It turns daily property operations activities into actionable data.
A good property operations system can help you automate, capture, and track everything happening in your building. It will churn out this data as immediate alerts and trend reports, and help you make smarter, quicker decisions. HappyCo takes that data and converts it into actionable, structured information that ownership groups can use to support business decisions, benchmark performance and effectuate improvements across their entire portfolio. Whether it’s Make Ready or Preventative Maintenance, Call Management, or Curb Appeal, the right software can ensure that as your team is working, they’re also gathering robust, detailed data about property and unit conditions.
2. It plays well with your existing tech stack.
Most all-in-one solutions are somewhat limited when it comes to essential property operations like inspections, work order management, and call management. There are things to consider when more customization, capability, or configuration is needed.
Does the toolset you’re evaluating offer advanced features like:
- A multifamily template library with best-in-class inspection forms that ensure consistency across your entire portfolio?
- A simple, engaging interface with an intuitive design that makes it easy for your team to get the job done faster?
- Seamless work orders that can be automatically created from inspection results or missed emergency maintenance calls?
- Smarter schedules and assignments that can be created for cadenced inspections and easily assigned to staff?
- Easy and fast data exploration that instantly understands property costs, item conditions, staff performance, and more?
HappyCo offers all these features in its toolset and more.
Is it extensible or easily integrated with your PMS?
Does the operations platform offer an open API that allows your team to create custom functions and reports to deliver the information you need? Does it include ‘out of the box’ integrations with your existing PMS? HappyCo does.
Our PMS easily integrates with:
- Rent Manager
- Yardi Systems
3. Decision-support reports and dashboards help you catch problems before they arise.
HappyCo property operations software can help transform regular and preventative maintenance and work order management, while identifying the upgrades that will improve the value of your properties and portfolio. Strategic solutions will interpret data on your behalf, surfacing important and actionable insights such as:
- The progress of individual service requests by property, region, and portfolio
- Turn performance by property, region, and portfolio
- Unit condition trends
These reports and data sets help HappyCo customers realize significant improvements such as:
- Unit turn time that’s 2-3 days faster
- 82% decrease in resident damage disputes
- 17-340% per property damage recoveries
4. “All boats rise together.”
Can your operations software vendor provide concrete examples of how its software helps:
- Increase efficiency and performance of your onsite teams
- Improve resident satisfaction
- Maximize net operating income (NOI) across your portfolio
Imagine getting your property managers and teams on the same page, so that they are making better decisions, driving increased resident satisfaction and creating communities that feel like home — all with data-driven tools that take your property operations to the next level.