It’s easy to get complacent in multifamily—we’re an industry that’s change-averse and has traditionally been slow to adopt new technologies. In this conversation on Funnel’s podcast Multifamily Unpacked, HappyCo’s CEO, Jindou Lee, joined Funnel’s CEO, Tyler Christiansen, for a chat on why embracing technology is so important.
A few of the topics Jindou and Tyler touched on:
- How Jindou’s background in design, gaming, and rental properties brought HappyCo to market
- What “efficiency” means for multifamily owners and operators
- The importance of integrations in the multifamily industry
When it comes to software functionality, is it possible to do everything well?
“If I were an owner-operator today, I would try not to miss the opportunity to grab onto that story and to drive efficiencies.”
Jindou Lee | CEO & Founder, HappyCo
A few of our top takeaways from the 40-minute episode:
- Integrations are table stakes. While setting up integrations are key to the success of multifamily technology products, they’re incredibly complex. The PMS is an essential piece of the ecosystem, but looking forward, the winning technology providers will be ones that can amplify and increase the PMS’s capabilities.
- As a technology provider or software company, you can’t be the best at absolutely everything. Where you can differentiate yourself is through powerful partnerships that helps you leverage one another’s strengths.
- Emerging technologies, like AI, and hot-topic concepts, like centralization, are going to completely change the multifamily landscape. Jindou even predicts that 30-50% of jobs will be significantly altered by the rise of new tech!
- AI is far more disruptive than just chatbots. In maintenance, for example, AI can help with smart-routing the best maintenance technician for a particular job based on their specialties.